[cma-l] CMA Charter - proposed revision

Phil Shepherd philip at thrivesomerset.org
Tue May 17 16:03:33 BST 2011

Dear Members and Friends

CMA Council have been looking at the Charter which underpins the
organisation and informs the sector.  We first looked at the original
version (attached) and found it still as fresh as ever and largely fit for
purpose, accurately expressing what we do and what we aspire to.   There
were however one or two aspects of the charter that we felt needed updating
to account for technological change and the changed circumstances in which
we now work.

Hence a proposed revised version of the charter has been co-created, which I
now also attach for your perusal and comment.

We hope you will let us know what you think about the new version - we think
it's really important that we revisit the words to ensure we are clear about
our direction and to allow others to see clearly where we come from.  This
is particularly relevant right now at a time when for example the Scottish
Community Broadcast Network (SCBN) has adopted the
ethos of the CMA's Community Media Charter as it develops its own strategy
for the way forward.

Please let us know what you think this week - and by 0900 Monday (23rd)
latest as Jaqui will then be sending out the agreed final revised version
with the AGM papers for ratification.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes

Phil