[cma-l] prs / ppl again

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Sun Mar 27 16:17:26 BST 2011

Dear all    and Shirley

Sorry to keep prattling on about this and apologies to Jaqui / Bill n’ all
at the CMA and others who beaver away for a better deal for we mere mortals.
(read on)        Also, I want to point out that I do not in anyway condone
breaking laws or obstructing the rule of law and the course of justice

.. HOWEVER

Unlike some of those anarchist clowns in London yesterday, I consider that
all my e-mails over the past 2 / 3 years have been in a roundabout way a
peaceful protest. I shall continue to make a peaceful protest

BUT

. And please take note of the   BUT

.. when you reach a
point whereby people are simply not playing ball, treat one with contempt
and even have the audacity to drag out meeting dates and/or insult ones
inteeligence and/or patronise people with PRS seminars (whatever else?)
there comes a time when you have to say                 TO HELL WITH IT

..
!                                I’m not talking about throwing fire
extinguishers through windows or spray painting Banks but I am talking about
saying                 ‘’enough is enough’’

Many thanks to Shirley who has pointed out Swindon tooings and froings,
comings and goings with PRS

.. hey presto !   the story is exactly the
same here.

The CMA should never have agreed to the ‘extra on top’                 and a
flat rate fee for the whole lot should have been recommended         £1,800
- £2,000 for the LOT !?

PPL / PRS / MCPS / CMA membership        paid to the CMA & then the CMA pay
a full block at the beginning of the year.

We’re bogged down with bureacracy, nonsense, jobsworths, free-loaders

.. can we not make it easier for everyone please ?

We should have said as a group

.. here is your £ TWO GRAND
LIKE IT OR LUMP IT !

By the way, we still haven’t received a sheet with the PRS members / clients
names on it yet and I still haven’t had a sensible explanation as to why
they want to know about a grant we received for engaging young people in
(not just radio)  !                   it has got anything to do with them
whatsoever !

I shall not be going to the meeting to be patronised for 5 hours, if others
wish to go and waste 5 hours of their life at a meeting whereby you’ll get
no answers
. (basically it’s a lipservice meeting) then be my guest.

If I was to go, I would possibly start off by asking similar questions to
what they are asking. To all the staff            ‘’How much money are you
on?’’      ‘’Can you justify it?’’        ‘’Could we have some percentages
in relation to the money you collect’’     ‘’How much does Elton John get
out of it?’’                  I’m sure they’d tell me to mind my own
business.

We’ve paid our seven hundred quid and we STILL haven’t received our licence.
I have sent our form in and they are refusing to issue a licence. They have
been given exactly how much money it costs us and how much we have to raise
in relation to BROADCASTING and furthermore I have offered to send them our
accounts. We have nothing to hide.

However, as I have said, they may see £25,000 on the accounts that is as I
say

 NONE of their business or Elton bleedin’ Johns business.

Many thanks and Don’t go breaking my heart coz’ I’m a Rocket man !

. And
take note    !   I’m still standing and this is Your Song

Regards

Nick

Any thoughts anyone ??