[cma-l] Answers to Questions — DCMS 3 March 2011

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:10:45 GMT 2011

Why don't we help the Rt Hon Gentleman in his tribulations and actually tell him what Community Radio needs?
I'll certainly do that through my MP - and so I suggest should we all.
Then he wouldn't have to do so much work and we will be able to see just how much he is prepared to "support" it!
By my reckoning there are a few more than 185 CR stations on air and Ofcom tell us it has over 200 more waiting the the wings.
£450,000 divided by 400 is £1125 each.
That wouldn't pay one month's salary for a Programme Assistant.
'Nuff said?