[cma-l] International Women's Day tomorrow (Tues 8th) - message from WRG

Cathy Aitchison cathy.aitchison at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 7 07:56:40 GMT 2011

  Message from Women's Radio Group

  International Women's Day 2011

Tuesday 8th March is International Women's Day
<http://www.internationalwomensday.com/>. This is a global day
celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women
past, present and future. Its roots are in movements campaigning for
better pay and voting rights. It's recognised by the United Nations
<http://www.un.org/en/events/women/iwd/2011/>. This year it's
celebrating one hundred years.

*/Audio to share on community radio stations/*
If you're broadcasting a special programme for International Women's Day
on 8th March, or any time during the month of March, feel free to share
audio from Women's Radio Group's website (fully credited, please).
http://womeninradio.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/international-womens-day-2011/

And if you record any interesting interviews in your own area (in the
studio or out and about), we'd love to add them here. If possible,
please send them in time for our next broadcast on 30th March.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Women's Radio Group
http://womeninradio.wordpress.com/
http://www.womeninradio.org.uk