[cma-l] Radio Academy - Social Media in Radio - London event

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jun 27 15:39:45 BST 2011

Social Media in Radio

Date: Wednesday 27th July
Time: 6pm for 6.30pm start
Location: The Gibson Building, 29-35 Rathbone Street, London, W1T 1NJ

Like, Follow or Poke? Is Facebook and Twitter really the best way to
engage with your listeners or is it a pointless distraction?

By the time you’ve read this…

- 20,000 people will have uploaded content on Tumblr

- 100,000 people will have tweeted

- and almost 700,000 people will have updated their Facebook status.

Social media is now part of our listeners’ everyday lives – whether
it’s a tweet, a poke or just sharing great content. It’s changing the
way we communicate and engage with audiences, it’s changing the way we
market our stations and changing the way journalists source and create
content in newsrooms. Is it making our radio stations more relatable
or does social media’s growth mean radio’s decline?

Join our panel of radio industry social media evangelists including
Laura May Coope (Social Media Producer, BBC Radio 1/1xtra & Editor of
http://www.milk-teeth.com), Matt Deegan (Fun Kids and Radio blogger),
Tony Moorey (Content Director, Absolute Radio) and Charles Ubaghs
(Community Manager, Global Radio) to discuss the successes,
opportunities and pitfalls of social media in radio.
Tickets

Members: FREE

Non-Members: £10

Click here to register: