[cma-l] Wirral community radio project wins national award

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jun 24 16:39:02 BST 2011

A community radio project based in Wirral which is aimed at giving
over-50s a voice, has won a prestigious national award.

Vintage Radio, which broadcasts online from the Birkenhead YMCA and is
staffed by older people from all walks of life, scooped the Community
Voices category award at the Technology4Good (T4G) awards.

Vintage Radio volunteers received their award from TV and radio
presenter Mariella Frostup during the ceremony at the BT Centre, St
Paul’s, London.

Gordon Nicholas, Chairman of Vintage Radio, said: “We were overjoyed.
The award will help Vintage Radio further fulfill our aim of catering
for a mature audience with a wide range of content selected to appeal
to our target audience.”

Source: http://bit.ly/lgw4lH

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation