[cma-l] The ELFM musicathon (and more)

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jun 17 15:59:24 BST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adrian Sinclair <adrian at headstogether.org>

It's that time of year when East Leeds FM goes down to the Seacroft
Methodist Chapel with about 300 musicians and broadcasts 24 hours of live
music from the acoustically fabulous chapel building. The *ELFM
Musicathon*is all live  – nothing pre-recorded – even the jingles!
http://t.co/0vyqCdI

This year it's actually the final part of the 7-day *live at chapel* -
including *Writing on Air* - our first broadcast literature festival which
continues tonight with our Chuckle in Chapel comedy night and then an
overnight reading of Paul Auster's True Tales of American Live - all at
http://www.elfm.co.uk/chapel

So - why do we bother. Well - partly it's just a brill, buzzy thing to do in
a part of the city that has no tradition of live music or literature (until
now!). But also this is our final push to raise the money to develop *
chapELFM* - a radio station in a Chapel with the most fabulous of live
rooms. Hopefully more news soon.

             Adrian Sinclair
Creative Director
*H*eads *T*ogether *P*roductions
The Carlile Institute
54 Huddersfield Road
Meltham  HD9 4AG

*m *07973 172 433
* t  *01484 859 168
*w http://www.headstogether.org/*
     http://www.elfm.co.uk/
     http://www.twovalleysradio.co.uk/

*If you want to stay in touch with all that Heads Together is up to...
then follow
the link <http://eepurl.com/bJmpj> to sign up for our free newsletter or like
us on facebook<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/pages/Heads-Together-Productions/188537261186977>
*