[cma-l] Fwd: Radio Wildfire Live! transmission Monday 6th June 2011, 8-10pm (UK time)

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 09:53:25 BST 2011

++++ Forwarded Message +++++

*www.radiowildfire.com <http://www.radiowildfire.com> Monday 6th June
8.00-10.00 pm (UK time). + Roy McFarlane's Laureate's Diary from 10.00pm
+ Longden's Listings*

June and there are festivals everywhere you look - or in our case
listen.  We'll be looking at three for starters Worcester Literary
Festival, Leamington Peace Festival, and a preview of Ledbury Poetry
Festival - in what is already looking to be a two hour Live! programme
bursting at the seams.

With us in the studio to talk about /Worcester Literary Festival/ will
be festival organiser *Lisa Ventura*, and discussing /Leamington Peace
Festival/ from his own Warwickshire base, will be *Simon N.Goodwin*.

*Michael W.Thomas* will be reading extracts /Time In An Air-struck
Pipe/, a chapter from his follow-up to the hilarious novel /The Mercury
Annual/.

We'll also be talking to *Liam Scallon* the founder of /No Nonsense
Publishing/, a new publisher of short story anthologies based in
Birmingham, currently open for submission of stories bases in the city
and its surrounding area. Listen in for news of a forthcoming deadline
and details of how you can submit your work.

And spoken word artist and dj *Derrick D* makes his debut as a /Radio
Wildfire/ interviewer when he talks to *Louise Kilbride* who promotes
spoken word and music events (The Public, West Brom being one venue) and
is also an accomplished singer-songwriter herself.

There'll be tracks which have been recently uploaded to the *'Submit'*
page of out website: with *Tom Sykes* reading from his memoir of life in
the Philippines; /Staffordshire Colliery Epitaph/, a poem with music
from *Stephanie Spiers*; more poetry from *Mark Goodwin* and *Heather
Wastie*; and a beautiful acoustic guitar track from *Maneli Jamal* from
Toronto. And this month there's more satire as *Tony Judge* continues
his journey around the nations of Britain when he gives his /Brief And
Approximate Guide to Wales and the Welsh/.

*Then at 10.00 pm* you'll get the latest instalment of the */Laureate's
Diary/* from current Birmingham Poet Laureate *Roy McFarlane*. More
recollections, musing and poems from another month in his hectic, but
obviously enjoyable, poetry year.

*... which is followed immediately* by *Gary Longden* with his
*/Longden's Listings/* the only complete spoken word events diary being
transmitted.  Listen in and catch mention of your own event!

Join us: Monday 6th June from 8.00 pm UK time at www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com>

/Radio Wildfire: sounding out the world of live literature./

We look forward to your company,
The Crew @ Radio Wildfire.

… Why not send your own tracks to Radio Wildfire by going to the
‘Submit’ page of our website and uploading MP3s of your work. Spoken
word and music, comedy, storytelling, poetry, song and aural art, they
are all part of the eclectic mix we are looking for when we create
Radio Wildfire Live!

*Follow Radio Wildfire on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/radiowildfire
<http://www.twitter.com/radiowildfire>*

*p.s. Please pass on this information to anyone that you think might be
interested.  Thank you.*

p.p.s. And to keep your interest smouldering between live shows
there’s the constant transmission we call The Loop.  Listen in 24
hours a day, 7 days a week at www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com>  - Plus Radio
Wildfire play-on-demand tracks @ www.myspace.com/radiowildfire
<http://www.myspace.com/radiowildfire> – here to wildfire your imagination.

WHAT IS RADIO WILDFIRE?
Radio Wildfire is an independent online radio station which blends
spoken word, poetry, performance literature, comedy, storytelling,
short stories and more with a novel selection of word/music fusion and
an eclectic mix of musical styles. www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com> broadcasts live 8.00-10.00pm (UK time) on
the first Monday of every month.

Listen to Radio Wildfire at www.radiowildfire.com