[cma-l] UK Radio Player

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 2 10:33:02 BST 2011

Hi

On 1 June 2011 13:28, Martin Steers <martin at martinsteers.co.uk> wrote:
> Apparently they have released some good stats of usage
> today..
>
> http://james.cridland.net/blog/uk-radioplayer-releases-its-first-figures/
>
> But it did make me wonder if there is currently and community station on it,
> are there any working on it.. and what peoples general thoughts are.
> I am personally pro uk radio player as its a nice little player, and enables
> people to discover new stations and content..
>
> Martin

>From today's news:

Manchester-based Gaydio has become the first community radio station
to launch on Radioplayer, the cross industry online listening platform
for UK radio, which includes both BBC and commercial stations. Any
OfCom licensed radio station is eligible for a placing on the
Radioplayer website, the overseers of which have kept pricing low so
that more grass roots stations can afford to participate.

Confirming their involvement, Gaydio’s Station Director Toby
Whitehouse told Radio Today: “Weʼre really excited to be making
another UK radio first by joining Radioplayer, which has become the
standard method for listening to UK radio online”.

http://www.thecmuwebsite.com/article/first-community-station-arrives-on-radioplayer/

Regards

Bill Best

Canstream Internet Radio & Video