[cma-l] Ofcom Update: Procedures for handling broadcasting complaints, cases and sanctions

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 18:15:58 BST 2011

Dear All

Quite comical this actually ....... I'm chuckling away to myself when words
like FAIRNESS / STANDARDS / COMPLAINTS / SPEED OF DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS
appear in consultations.

I notice there will be another community radio consultation soon ....... the
same old same old will be sat round the table with absolutely no idea or
concept of what goes on at grass roots level, making decisions, passing
judgement and the bottomline is ..... sadly, they ain't got a clue.

Myself and a few others have been complaining about the way we have been
treated and still are being treated and yet ........ er .... nothing has
happened. When laws are being passed at the other end though, it seems to be
done in rapid time ...... amazing.

I just thought I'd mention it, then again, you wouldn't expect anything less
would you ?

By the way, I received a nice letter from Mr Vaizey ..... we can't get the
organ grinder anymore so we are referred to the Deputy .... that's one rung
up the ladder from the monkey !     LOL            it's a lovely letter,
well written, very polite, on nice House of Commons paper .... trouble is,
it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know. It is very similar to the
letter I received from the three other ministers (I'm beginning to wonder
whether it is the same one but with a different signature?!

Mr Rutley to Ed Vaizey ----- to Mr Wright (me)

I took up your concerns about funding for Canalside Radio and I am pleased
to enclose a response from Ed Vaizey, Minister for (by the looks of things
nearly everything ?)    perhaps its job share to save money    dunno' ??

''I hope that you are already beginning to benefit from the £15,000 which
was awarded to Canalside from the Community Radio fund, I am sure this will
have come as a welcome boost to the station.

PATRONISING SO AND SO !      AND NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC IN QUESTION

Hopefully the forthcoming Communications act review will give us a better
idea about advertising on community radio

NO IT WON'T !    NOT IF THE SAME BLINKERED PEOPLE FROM THE DCMS ARE SAT
ROUND THE TABLE .... COME AND HOLD THE MEETING AT CANALSIDE INSTEAD OF THE
IVORY TOWER

Mr Rutley again :-
Further to your e-mail of 13th May I have forwarded your comments about
community radio in Scotland to Ed Vaizey and have asked for his response to
them ......... bla bla bla bla

As of yet ..... IT'S ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE.

Anyway ladies and chappies, I just thought I would let you know what's going
on in Canalside Community Radioland ... keep you updated and all that jazz.

Mr Rutley (our MP understands the situation)    I possibly need to ask him
whether we will be having a different jury on the next consultation or
whether it will be the same people who invented the debacle from the outset.
Whichever it is, I do know that completely normal and rational thinking
people in community radioland have not a great deal of hope or confidence in
the outcome.
Then again, miracles do happen ...... sometimes ??

Fingers crossed.

Keep smiling

Unfortunately I won't be at the conference as we have a large community
event to attend. With the situation on the funding front as well we'd
possibly run out of petrol just passed Stoke so we wouldn't make it to
London ........ the hotel could be a bit of a problem as well ££££    then
again, there's always Mother Kelly's doorstep !  I hear the weather's going
to be nice so sleeping on the street shouldn't be too bad.

LOL

Regards

Nick