[cma-l] Digital Radio Stakeholders Group 23 September

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 15:05:24 BST 2011

Jaqui n' all

I'm a touch confused regarding the digital stakeholders malarky?? however, I
ain't confused about attending one of these sessions. I have got lots of
questions to ask, lots of observations to make, a few people to pat on the
back, lots of people to lambast and lots of people to be made to understand
the reality of what's going on outside Cockspurs Ivory Towers.
I shall be attending one of these, but, there is no point if the subject
matter is irrelevant.

Community TV is irrelevant in my opinion, until they sort out Community
Radio first (walking before we start running) and so to is digital radio
unless the basic fundamental idea behind it is to shift all those buggers
who are interfering with us on the FM platform.

The digital discussion does at least offer an opportunity for Canalside
Radio to be relieved of one of its RESTRICTIONS. That would mean one down
three to go.

When are we going to have a meeting and then a sensible decision on the real
issues instead of all the 'pie-in-the-sky' garbage.

Oh by the way ..... another development at our end, we are opening up a
community TV station on our sister website ..... local news, videos,
opportunities for sponsorship (not on-air fm)  etc etc ......... there you
go, this big mouthed uneducated clot in Cheshire shouting off again ...
however, we are in a roundabout' way, most definitely ticking all the boxes,
delivering the community goods, and still perhaps leading the way regardless
of the negatives that surround us?!

Just a thought that's all.

We shall overcome, by hook or by crook !

Ta

Regards

Nick