[cma-l] RDS traffic update ruling

chrissymoog chrissymoog at higherrhythm.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 14:44:46 BST 2011

Hi there

Does anyone know if there is an official ruling on playing out RDS
traffic updates? We received an email from one of our listeners about a
commercial radio station using RDS. Apparently, his car radio switches
to their station (his TA button is on)  but there was no traffic news
being played out , only music and sometimes the news. It also stays on
for quite a while (it doesn't switch back), more than 10 minutes.
Obviously, we advised him to switch the TA on his radio off if he
doesn't want his listening experience to be ruined, but I am just
curious as to what the rulings (if there are at all) on this.

Any info about it will be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Chrissy

Chrissy Moog (Media Services Manager)
Sine FM 102.6 /  Higher Rhythm Recording Studio /  Circuit Records  /
The Music Week
Higher Rhythm Ltd,  53 - 57 Netherhall Road, Doncaster, DN1 2PG / Tel -
01302 327769
www.sinefm.com <http://www.sinefm.com/>    www.higherrhythm.co.uk
<http://www.higherrhythm.co.uk/>    www.circuitrecords.co.uk
<http://www.circuitrecords.co.uk/>   www.themusicweek.co.uk
<http://www.themusicweek.co.uk/>

Confidential and copyrighted:
The content of this email remains the intellectual property of the
sender. Any concepts or ideas within are protected under copyright law.
This message may not be disclosed to, or used by, anyone other than the
addressee. If you receive it in error, please delete it and advise us.

P Please consider the environment, do you really need to print this
E-mail?