[cma-l] Cabinet Office funded action-learning workshops - Opening Doors to Volunteering - EYV11

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jul 18 17:04:45 BST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen Moreton <Stephen.moreton at attend.org.uk>

Just a quick note to highlight some funded volunteer management
workshops that your "capacitybuilders VMP" candidates may be
interested in attending.

The focus is on developing ‘inclusive volunteering’ and we would be
grateful if you could circulate the email below around your networks.

Thanks for any help you can give

Kind regards

Steve Moreton

________________________________

Dear colleague

>From September to December 2011 there will be a series of funded
action-learning workshops exploring how to engage with those
traditionally less-likely to volunteer. These workshops are being
delivered as part of the European Year of Volunteering 2011.

As someone who has worked with volunteers, we would like to invite you
to join a gathering of forward-thinking colleagues to review the
guidance available to date on inclusive volunteering. We would also
like to explore with you, how volunteer engagement can be more
effective for marginalised groups as we look to the future.

Each workshop will be supported by a guest speaker with expertise in
their particular field, and topics will cover specific areas of
diversity and also a number of cross-cutting themes that contribute to
an enabling environment for inclusivity. Topics include:

- Managing changes that inclusive volunteering bring

- Engaging with faith-based organisations

- Engaging and supporting disabled volunteers

- Ex-offenders, homeless and unemployed people

- Using social-media to reach volunteers

- Managing risks that inclusive volunteering bring

- Supporting volunteers with mental health needs

- Equalities and volunteering

For more information on each of the workshops, together with the dates
and venues, and to access the application form, please click on this
link:

http://bit.ly/ocVuNb

We would be delighted for you to join us, and please do feel free to
circulate this information around your networks.

Kind regards

Stephen Moreton
Head of Education & Development
Tel: 020 7307 2579