[cma-l] The Future of FM Band

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:34:09 BST 2011

I don't see it as employing another/different technology.
It's simply fitting something that will potentailly generate revenue into locally-unused spectrum - which is presumably what the term "white space" is intended to refer to.
It already exists in the UHF television Band IV and V allocation of 470 to 860 MHz for example in that locally-unoccupied TV channels can be licensed by JFMG for PMSE (Programme Making and Special Events) use.

Ian Hickling
Partner