[cma-l] FW: The Telegraph: Government still won't commit to digital radio switchover date

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 15:29:11 BST 2011

It's all gone extremely technical and possibly over the heads of the
majority of community radio laymen.

I see it quite simply as this (but correct me if I am wrong)

1) We want more community stations to join the throng
2) We can't, coz' there ain't any room left on the spectrum
3) Those already on the spectrum are getting interfered and fettled with by
commercial radio stations who are either on the same wavelength, over
modulating, too much power or just generally being a complete pain in the
arse !
4) The solution is to shift the bigger boys onto digital services to free up
FM frequencies        the BBC for example hogging 50% of space in some areas
??  er I think ?
5) Lots more community stations as they are only on peanuts watts !   and
possibly a bit of room for manoeuvre for those already getting trodden on
only 1 mile outside their own MCA

This ladies and gentlemen is how I see it, furthermore we are experiencing
it, which confirms that regardless of the down to earth slightly uneducated
language the fact remains that our view on things is possibly the correct
view and those in the Ivory Towers have still got the curtains closed, the
blinkers on and the ear muffs on their empty heads.

Regards

Nick