[cma-l] Community Radio - call for Expressions of Interest for small fund for production - final call

jaqui devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jan 28 13:13:49 GMT 2011

Dear all

Some of you may remember we put out a call last year for expresions of
interest to be a production partner for Euranet, which is the European Radio
Network with partner broadcasters and producers from around the EU.  Euranet
reports on cultural, social, economic and political events and issues in the
EU from a pan-European perspective.  Euranet currently reports in 13 of the
EU official languages. The monies available for the project are quite small,
but we hope to negotiate a larger share of the pot in future years.

We are now really close to beginning production on this project so we are
putting out a final call for expressions of interest.  If you responded to
the initial call, please ignore this email as we have contacted you
separately.  Please note that, despite our best efforts to widen the
opportunity, this call is only open to full time licensed community stations
which are on air (though if you are likely to come on air over the next
year, we would still hold your application as an ad hoc producer).

The call is for stations to be one of 9 main producing stations, with a
contract to produce UK English content for Euranet on the subject matter for
the week.   The producing stations will be expected to produce an average of
260 minutes per year.  They will also need to commit to broadcasting their
local content and the aggregated Euranet reports in a prime time slot.  We
intend that a small part of the money available will be held back to allow
some smaller stations to produce for Euranet on an ad hoc basis, where the
weekly theme fits well with their audience.  So even if you do not think
your station could undertake a regular commitment for production, please do
let us know if your station would be interested in being an ad hoc
producer.

Euranet only pays for production minutes, not for broadcasting.  However,
the whole of Euranet's content, in all the languages in which it currently
produces, would be available for free to any community station wanting to
carry its content, e.g. as part of the sustaining service or as part of more
generic multi-lingual programming a station already does.

Please find below a link to our online expression of interest form.  If you
are interested please could you complete this form online, we will receive
your form automatically so there is no need to download it.  The deadline
for completed forms is Wednesday 2nd March at noon:

http://bit.ly/cma_euranet_2011

For more about Euranet please go to:

http://www.euranet.eu/

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us,

Best wishes

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux