[cma-l] Any BBC issues fo rthe CMA regular meeting with them?

Tom Buckham t.buckham at futureradio.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 16:36:06 GMT 2011

Hi Jaqui

We had quite a productive meeting with BBC Norfolk here last week. Although there's not been time to confirm some of the plans we discussed, the main topics we examined were:

* Local news and the potential to share content/take BBC news feeds.

* Training provision - our discussions centered around training our Producers/news team on the best ways to generate content and cover local news (plenty of other options of course - presenter training etc)

* Work experience/placements - we discussed a more formal approach to this area whereby every 3 months (or some other regular time scale) we could nominate Future Radio volunteers for week placements, or 'work experience'.

* BBC Introducing - we have some of the BBC introducing presenters on Future Radio. One of the presenters started here, before starting to work on Introducing as well, and then another presenter already on Introducing got a show here (so a nice symmetry!). If we record live music sessions we sometimes send the tracks over the BBC Norfolk (and vice versa) and our own DJs have featured on their shows from time to time if they're doing any musical events in the region.

I think those where the main areas, I'll try and update the list with any further developments. We're quite fortunate to enjoy a good rapport with our local beeb, so the discussions were mostly geared around trying to formalise things a bit more, rather than doing things on an ad hoc basis.

All the best

Tom Buckham
Station Manager
Future Radio
Tel:01603 455250 Fax:01603 508096
168b Motum Rd, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 8EG.
www.futureradio.co.uk

Future Projects is a social inclusion charity for young people and adults in Norwich and Norfolk.
Registered charity number 1103200
Before printing, think about the environment
P It takes 24 trees to produce 1 ton of office paper!
Please note that Internet email is not a fully secure method of communication. You should be aware of this lack of security when emailing us.