[cma-l] Murdoch and the tea party to come

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 11:52:18 GMT 2011

Dear All

Here's my opinion ........ in laymans terms of course.

I don't really understand the discussion to be honest ?   why do I want to
waste my time and breath on discussing someone like Murdoch. I don't want
his money or his ideas.

All I want is to be able to up our power slightly to stop (bully boys) (like
him) and other commercial stations 'bleeding over the top of us' on our own
territory. At most, all we are asking for is 20 watts ??

I also want to be able to tag a message and/or a phone number on the end of
our philanthropic thank-you's seeing as we STILL can't do any on-air
advertising. Most of you guys reading this are not in the same position as
us, so before you come charging in with the cavalry try and understand why I
am seething !

Oh !  and a decscent community radio fund which would give each station (THE
SAME AMOUNT EACH YEAR) (£25,000 - ish ?!)

That's about it really ..........   so far as the Murdoch debate and the BBC
debate goes I couldn't give a flying cactus !        they leave me alone, I
leave them alone ...... no prob's.

Why ........... because from our research in the North East Cheshire area,
by giving us these small tools to work with, we'll give the big boys a run
for their money .... both on the radio front, and on the community front.

Canalside is very close to the Russian Radio Big Wig at the moment   MR
TOPPEL-OVA .............. as I have said ........ (and DCMS / CMA / OFCOM
take note)     rather than go belly-up due to 'other peoples failings and
other peoples unreasonable behaviour'      we'll go down fighting (or stay
up of course)
Like I have said ..... I am not 100% sure that the man donning the silly wig
would actually stick up for the Goliaths on this one and may fall in favour
of the little David ??       certainly knowing the in's and out's, the
nonsense, the trading laws which are clearly broken and the refusal to even
budge a tiny little bit when the facts are staring us in the face.

Anyway, that's how I see it .......... I think Canalside has got a fight on
it's hands .... possibly around June time, when our money and funding
finally dries up ...........DCMS !!!     NOT OUR FAULT     BUT    YOURS !

You should be ashamed of yourselves ...... you are bullies the same as
Murdoch ........ bring it on I say ....... my boxing gloves are on.
You will notified when the rules are broken as we certainly shall not be
cowering down hiding when we have committed no crimes. All we have done is
that in the face of a lot of adversity provided a quality community service
.......... no crime to me ??? (unless of course I've missed something?)
but an achievement ........... wake up and smell the bleedin' coffee and get
out of your Ivory Towers !

I write this e-mail as on the premises at the moment we have got 2 fourteen
year old lads ready to present a sports programme, another little chap who
has serious epilepsy and comes in to assist me and others and to learn about
radio and production ..(his carer says he loves it and his life now has
purpose) (he had a seizure a few moments ago, but we deal with it)(I to have
epilepsy)..... some more youngsters (9 of them who no longer hang around the
streets of Poynton because of our project and 7 elderly residents (over 70
years old all of them)   who have turned up today to bring chocolates and
cards thanking us for our service and our programes which serve them ......
they consider Canalside as a friend)      these are the people who need us
and these are the people who we provide for ..(voluntarily/free/ and because
we want to)....... all this within 24 hours ..... so what can we do in 365
days ???        NOTHING if we go Tits-up due to circumstances beyond our
control.

Get some blasted fire in yer bellies and some blood on your boots, as a
group we are as powerful as anyone !          we'll go it alone if we have
to, afterall, we're out in the sticks anyway...... (abandoned)    nothing to
lose and all that jazz.

Obviously, if it does go off with a bang ....firstly, all those pirates who
have been given licences will have hand them back won't they ??
what's good for the goose is good for the gander isn't it ?

Happy New Year everyone

Nick