[cma-l] Fwd: New in The Loop from 24.02.11

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Mon Feb 28 10:12:53 GMT 2011

+++++Forwarded Message ++++++

*There’s a new mix of material in The Loop on Radio Wildfire – *Now
playing 24/7 a completely new selection of stories, satires, poetry,
spoken word, music and interview @ www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com/>

In the latest edition...

*The Loop /goes City/* with Derrick D's /This City of Ours/; Jaap Blonk
and Maja Ratkje perform /Arnhem 4/; Garrie Fletcher goes to /Notown;
/and Simon Fletcher reads his /Creative Writing/ live at The City Bar,
Wolverhampton; while for those of you who want to leave it all behind,
Emma Purshouse ponders /The Inevitability of Escapology./

*The Loop* goes domestic when Wayne Dean-Richards has a/Close Encounter
in a Suburban Kitchen/;  Lorna Meehan goes in search of benefits in /One
Poem to Rule Them All/.

**

*The Loop/reimagines sections of the animal kingdom/* when Jane
Seabourne tells us how to make a pigeon in /Fancy/; and Spoz gives us
/The Ballad of Brian the Balloon Dog/ and, /Rabbits Dressed As Chicken;/
and Lester and the Brew suggest we celebrate /Be Kind to Worms Week/.

*/There's spoken word and music/* with /The New Romanian Poems/ from
Morley Hayden Haines; and musical interludes with /Once It Was Easy/ by
Zaza Ginz and Gian; Manni's /Transparent/; and Carol Widenbar singing
/Promise/.

*And then*, hidden in amongst the playlist you'll suddenly find yourself
listening to a track or two that we have curated from the web.  Just
listen and see what comes up unlisted amongst the listed tracks (you can
find out what they are by listening through i-tunes).

So join us and listen by going to www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com/> and clicking on *The Loop*

/(And don’t forget, you can upload soundfiles of your own work to the
'Submit' page of the Radio Wildfire website.  Mp3s are our preferred
format.  You can also ensure you always get reminders of upcoming shows
on Radio Wildfire by following us on Twitter.)/

*The Loop* will play online continuously for the next month, except
during our *live broadcast on Monday 7th March starting at 8.00pm UK
time* with a full programme of pre-recorded tracks, live studio guests
and conversation.

We hope you enjoy it.

Best wishes from the folk at Radio Wildfire.

*WHAT IS RADIO WILDFIRE? *

Radio Wildfire is an independent online radio station which blends
spoken word, poetry, performance literature, comedy, storytelling, short
stories and more with a novel selection of word/music fusion and an
eclectic mix of musical styles. www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com/> currently broadcasts live 8.00-10.00pm
(UK time) on the first Monday of every month.

Listen to Radio Wildfire at www.radiowildfire.com
<http://www.radiowildfire.com> where The Loop plays 24 hours a day.