[cma-l] Local TV - Who's in the Frame?

Steve Buckley sbuckley at gn.apc.org
Tue Feb 22 22:49:51 GMT 2011

Dear all

CM Solutions, together with the Sheffield Cultural Industries Quarter
Agency are assisting to coordinate a Sheffield-based partnership
response to the government's Local Media Action Plan, published in
January. We intend to submit, by the deadline of 1 March, an
expression of interest in the provision of a network of local
television services with an initial focus on the major cities in
England and Wales and building on existing cultural and economic
partnerships such as the Core Cities initiative www.corecities.com

The Sheffield proposal will involve private and public partners,
community groups, schools, FE and HE sector, with a strong
student/educational component. We favour a bottom up approach in
which local consortia group retain their local branding and group
together to establish network services such as news provision, sales,
marketing and infrastructure.

We are keen to hear from others who are either (a) similarly working
to establish a local TV channel; and/or (b) interested in a bottom-up
approach to network service provision.

We are happy to share our ideas and concept with like-minded groups.

Best wishes

Steve