[cma-l] Germany switches to DAB+

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 17:18:28 BST 2011

Hi Alex,

For me I think the biggest issue of switching to DAB+ is the listeners, as I
dont think we have their full support to move to DAB anyway (Does the 'Man
on the Street' even really know what its all about). If we dont have full
audience support now with DAB, how are they going to feel if we change
direction and move to DAB+.. How many sets are there out there that are DAB
only and would never support DAB+ (and I would guess cost a fortune in the
first place as its an early model)..

The only way we could do it in my honest opinion is with a full scale move
by the BBC and Government and a huge investment by both..