[cma-l] Copyright Changes Proposed

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 11:44:00 BST 2011

It's impossible to say at this stage what the changes in legislation will provide.
My own view as I've said is that it is reasonable to pay if you use music to forward or benefit a commercial operation.
Simply copying and storing cannot do that per se, so should be unregulated together with what can be defined as purely personal non-commercial use.
Hence "Mechanical Copyright Protection" would disappear.

Ian Hickling
Partner
transplan UK