[cma-l] Community radio awards

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 14:09:19 BST 2011

Hi all,

Community radio awards is something that i have discussed with a few people
off and on over the last few years, mainly coming from the success that i
see the Student Radio Awards as..

It was briefly discussed the other week surrounding the sony awards and
there seemed some interested. Now I have discussed this further with
friends, and have found a couple that might be interested in taking the
concept forward.

So I am emailing the list / CMA to see if there is the will of a number of
stations for there to be a Community Radio Awards, if enough are interested
I get the ball rolling and see what we can do.

I want to state that the awards are a celebration of the fantastic work that
volunteers and stations are doing up and down the country, engaging with,
and supporting their community and producing some great radio whilst they
are at it.

There is two sides to this, the awards, submissions and results but also an
awards ceremony.. At present I only want to see if there is an interest in
the concept of awards etc. I also need to say that I anticipate a small cost
for every award submission, but shouldnt be earth shattering.

So if people can let me know if they are interested in the awards and the
concept please let me know.

Cheers

Martin