[cma-l] Fwd: Audio broadcasting - Twicket

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Apr 19 10:30:58 BST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Popham <john.popham at johnpopham.com>

Hello there

I am the organiser of Twicket - The first Live Video Broadcast of a
Village Cricket match, taking place on the afternoon of Monday 25th
April (Easter Monday). You can find out more here:

http://johnpopham.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/a-world-first-live-broadcasting-a-village-cricket-match/

And here:

http://www.twicket.info.

This event has attracted massive world-wide attention, largely due to
it being relayed to his 2.5 million Twitter followers by Stephen Fry.
It has been covered by the Guardian, the Metro, BBC Radio Lancashire,
and a number of other outlets.

While this is a live video broadcast, I am also keen that people who
are not able to sit in front of a computer screen on the day are able
to follow events. Therefore, I am looking for a Community Radio
station which would be interested in broadcasting from the event. I
think this would raise the station's profile in a major way and open
up new opportunities for it. I am particularly looking for a station
whose broadcasts can be listened to on mobile phones, so people can
follow proceedings while they are on the move.

At the cricket field, we can supply an ethernet internet connection,
and access to Wray Village's fast broadband connection (we expect
upload speeds in the region of 30Mbps). The match starts at 1pm on
Easter Monday, but, if possible, I'd like the station to be there
earlier in the day to contribute to the build up. Wray is
approximately 7 miles north-east of Lancaster, accessed via junction
34 of the M6. The nearest railway station is Wennington, about 2 miles
away on the Leeds - Morecambe line, although there are many more
faster and more convenient trains to Lancaster on the West Coast Line.

If your station would like to be involved in this event, could you
please contact me as soon as possible.

Many thanks

John Popham

07802 781673