[cma-l] DAB Switchover

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Sep 14 12:34:06 BST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gary Jackson <gary at greatoldies.co.uk>

On 14/09/2010 11:28, Clive Glover wrote:

Grant has absolutely hit the nail into the coffin (to mix metaphors a bit!).

DAB is a "dead man walking" and it would perhaps be one of the better
"cuts" to come out of the spending reviews. If the BBC were
"reluctantly" to give it up as a contribution to "cuts" then the
commercial sector would follow in days. The "digital platforms" of
choice are online streaming plus satellite, cable and FreeView FTA TV.
WiFi to vehicles is already being trialled and will be widespread
within a few years (it is aimed at improved traffic information but
once you have it you can listen to radio online, check your emails -
hands free of course! and so on...)

I'm so pleased I am not alone in thinking this. I know it's a well
worn cliché, but look at America. No messing about with DAB there.
FM/AM/Internet.

Gary
--
The Gary Jackson Show - Listen worldwide....
USA My Generation - 1260KYA San Francisco