[cma-l] Community Radio Royalties

Nick Mallinson nick.mallinson at seahavenfm.com
Fri Oct 29 11:14:55 BST 2010

Hi Eddie

That is my point

Kind regards

Nick

  _____

From: Eddie Stuart [mailto:eddie at kcr.fm]
Sent: 28 October 2010 23:39
To: Nick Mallinson
Cc: 'cma-l'
Subject: Re: [cma-l] Community Radio Royalties

Isn't it likely that the only way that a Community station would provide a
living for anyone is if it is heavily dependent on grants or similar
funding?

And we all know that such funding is usually for a fixed period or can
vanish like snow off a dyke when the funding organisation is cut
back/abolished/changes direction etc....

We've seen several stations in this situation disappear recently because the
external funding dried up.

My feeling is that is you are truly earning a living from it then you have
become a full blown Commercial station?

Regards,

Eddie Stuart