[cma-l] Community Radio Music Royalties

Javed Sattar javed at awazfm.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 14:22:28 BST 2010

Iain
No need to apologise...we all at CR stations are fighting many battles...mostly CR Fund not big enough..actually its joke but another story for another day. Copyright fees is ongoing which CMA is doing all it can on an ongoing basis... Digital my fav topic and if migration does happen I hope those CR stations who want on some form of digital platform can also migrate over...but that's a long way off...CMA is doing all it can to make sure its members have an option and window whenever it opens.
As for RSL stations who don't pay and say import music especially Asian should be paying. Although t would be beneficial for PRS/PPL to make it easily known which countries its international agreements are with.

Right now CMA is fighting many battle with the support of its members and can't always be visible to everyone on its activity. As a proud member I know Jaqui and the team and the CMA Council is doing all it can. We are now sitting on the same table in higher circles and only thru ongoing dialogue will we achieve a solid place for Community Media and its importance.

Please support the CMA and its ongoing struggle for us all.

Javed