[cma-l] DCMS Written answers and statements, 19 October 2010 - Local Broadcasting: Radio

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 10:53:47 BST 2010

Dear All

Can I be permitted to make my point YET AGAIN on this matter .. ??   we are
in my opinion still in the 'cart before the horse' scenario.

I couldn't give a monkee's cuss how much money is in the Community Fund pot
if it means that urban stations keep walking off with £25,000 in their back
pockets every round of grant applications and we (CCR) get fobbed off with
nowt' and then £6,000 and then nowt' again.
It defeats the whole object and ethos of what we stand for .......
opportunity for all ... equality .... fairness .... a shared vision etc etc
etc .........  ........ if we were to receive only £2000 each application I
would be more than happy with that providing that everyone else received two
grand as well. This system would be easy to manage .... (possibly by the
CMA)             one admin clerk with a chequebook !     simples !

WE NEED A FUND THAT IS ADEQUATE ........ it needs to be divided out EQUALLY
amongst ALL the licence holders. I would even go so far as to say that
internet stations who are trying to get a COMMUNITY licence      eg:- KAT <>
Crewe      NEC Radio <> Sale / Altrincham in our neck of the woods included
as well ....... basically on a moral issue if nothing else. I feel strongly
about this, there has been / and still is a hell of a lot of unfairness
going on with this Bill and it's time it stopped.

Let's us ALL agree on one thing first .... that being that the fund (however
much) as of 2011 - WILL be divided out equally ..... then, and ONLY then do
we attempt to get the 500,000 upped !

Let's also put all members on the spot. If you dissagree with me, then let's
have a comment on this message board as to why ........ please please please
spare me the pain though, of putting, well we can't manage on £2000 ?!
maybe you can't and maybe we can't ..... but I'll tell you what ..... I can
manage on it better than trying to manage on NOWT' !

So -------- if no messages are posted are we to assume that we are all in
agreement ?     if so, I expect in 2011 to receive no grant application, but
simply a cheque for two grand. Likewise in April and then again in August
etc etc

This process is NOT difficult .... it is simple ..... but good old British
bureacracy seems to take great delight in making it complicated and unfair.

Or ......... are we the Animal Farm Community Radio??   where, everyone is
equal, but some are more equal than others?

Nick