[cma-l] BBC RadioPlayer launch announced - and HD Radio too!

Clive Glover clive.glover at btconnect.com
Thu Oct 21 09:26:46 BST 2010

I think an important issue to consider is the nature of the EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) for this Player.

Will it have a simple Alphabetical list of stations?
Will it show, say, BBC Radio at the top of the list (as for TV EPGs)?
Will it have categories like "BBC National", BBC Local:, "Commercial (or maybe "independent") radio?
Will it have a Community Radio category?
Will it have England, Wales, Scotland, N Ireland categories?
Will it have English "regional" or county categories?
Will it have programme type categories ("News and Information", Spoken Word", "Pop Music", "Rock Music" etc???

Or, perhaps, a variety of different categories plus a Search facility.....

There is some justification for there being an administrative cost related to categorising any station on the Player, plus adding logos, URLs to our websites etc, but I think that should be a one-off up front charge but perhaps with an extra cost for making subsequent changes.

Clive Glover