[cma-l] Community Radio 50% Rules

Phil Korbel phil.korbel at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:08:30 BST 2010

I'm not the one to comment on the signal strength argument...

but the idea of preserving the social gain part of community radio isnt nuts
- and a mixed revenue stream is a very good way of securing that.  If we
back off from that concept [and I'm not arguing about a move to e.g. 40%]
some CR operators will move even more fully to a quasi commercial model with
even less prime time for community output.

That said, regulation by output is a possible way forward but would still
need policing... any ideas anyone?

bests

Phil