[cma-l] Community Radio 50% Rules

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:49:11 BST 2010

Alan

I don't know where you get your facts - but some of them appear to require comment.

You say that Community Radio is subject to "fixed coverage which bears no relation to local need or topography."

Wrong.

It's up to you to specify and justify what coverage you need when applying.

If you look at TX Parameters on Ofcom's website you'll see that CR powers and transmitter locations are very varied.

You say that "If a Community Station provides a service on DAB it is not regulated in the same way"
Wrong.

Its output is regulated in exactly the same way and its business model remains exactly the same.

What else were you referring to?

Ian Hickling

transplan UK