[cma-l] Reveal Innovation award Somerset

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Oct 7 14:37:56 BST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Phil Shepherd <philshep1948 at yahoo.co.uk>*

Reveal Innovation Award  *N E W !

Would you like to create a piece of sound and moving image based
multi-screen work and have the opportunity to show it at *The Engine
Room*in Somerset from
*13-17 December*?

*Then get your ideas together and make a pitch...*

Deadline for entries is *12 noon* on *Friday 15 October*

 Intended for up-and-coming digital artist/ film-makers, the *Reveal
Innovation Award* comprises *£500.00*
and the exclusive use of our studio and selected equipment for a 3 day build
and a widely publicised 5 day show.

Phil Shepherd, Facilitator for Somerset Film, says “Our Reveal partnership
works strategically across
the county to raise the profile of the visual/digital/applied arts but till
now has only been occasionally visible ‘on the ground’ in Bridgwater.  For
many people here and across rural Somerset contemporary work is rarely
available.

 The Innovation award addresses that and is all about making a piece of
imaginative
and inspiring work using the assets of The Engine Room to be supported by
our studio
manager and crew. We are looking for a truly innovative piece of work – in
any media,
single or multiple - video, photography, sound, games – offline or online
which pushes
boundaries, challenges preconceptions of what digital art is all about and
above all
engages with the wider public.

Let’s have your ideas, surprise us with your audacity and fresh approach,
we’re looking
for something that may challenge, may amuse, may take us out of our comfort
zones
but above all we want a work that truly engages, that opens conversations in
all sorts
of people’s heads, that is accessible without being patronising, that
reminds us how art
can change people’s lives.

There are very few caveats – it’s got to be legal and achievable using the
kit we can
offer and the £500 expenses available. It’s got to fit our building without
impeding
the Internet Coffee Bar trade and upsetting the neighbours! There may or may
not be
some space available outside the building depending on what you want to do.
There
is just one award available but could be given to a small team if it’s the
idea we think
will work best.

You might well want to get in touch to discuss your initial idea before
submitting
something to us but this is not a pre-requirement. You almost certainly need
at least
to know the geography of our site and probably the ‘feel’ of the place also.
Let’s start the conversation soon, get in touch as you need to get your
ideas to us on
two sheets of A4 max (e-mail is fine) with CV by 12 noon on 15 October
latest. Please
note, absolutely no previous experience is necessary to apply for this
award, if you
don’t even have a CV, still apply!

 Somerset Film

The Engine Room 52 High Street Bridgwater Somerset TA6 3BL
E-mail / info at somersetfilm.com

Telephone / 01278 433187  Fax / 01278 433172
www.somersetfilm.com

posted by Phil Shepherd

philshep.wordpress.com