[cma-l] CMA Proposals for Jeremy Hunt - Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport

Phil Korbel phil.korbel at googlemail.com
Thu May 13 18:33:48 BST 2010

Stand for the Board Trevor, the sector needs your wisdom [no disrespect to
current members but this guy is rather wise]

If I have qualified for a Moaning Minnie badge I apologise.  We do need to
work together to show off the great wealth of services that we have to offer
a huge range of would-be partners.  We need to show how necessary we are -
and - slightly difficult for me to say this - that we could be a really
significant part of the Big Society that a certain young man in Westminster
is enthused by.  All to play for...

bests,

Phil

On 13 May 2010 17:01, Trevor Lockwood <trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand the consistently negative approach I hear from
> significant CMA members.
>
> We can do anything that we want to do. That is the philosophy we must have.
>
> Assuming that OfCom (public servants working in a quango) are demi-gods who
> are not subject to any form of control is not a sensible approach.
>
> Nor is confrontation.
>
> Some months ago we heard talk of meeting with the Central Office of
> Information. What's happened there?
>
> There's a real case for our close involvement with the publicity arm of
> government. We have an incredible service facility to offer, good national
> coverage on FM, hundreds of Net-based stations, mobile phone access, Listen
> Again, email newsletters, web sites and innumerable social networking pages
> - and a word of mouth network that has immeasurable advantages - and social
> commitment. They could not find a better partner.
>
> Instead of moaning like Minnies, or suggesting we are all doomed, let's get
> out there - and support a new government that suggests it wants greater
> public participation. It's what we do best - better than anyone else - and
> given a modicum of support we can make any government look better than even
> the very best sliced bread. Any government must recognise our value, or face
> the consequences.
>
> That's the message we should be selling. Not acting as All this negativity
> makes me want to stand for CMA Board next time - don't let that happen
> because nobody will ever get any peace. Just do as I say, then I'll stay
> quiet.
>
> Trevor
>
> *Trevor Lockwood*
> Chairman
> Felixstowe Radio <http://www.felixstoweradio.co.uk>
> 3 Great Eastern Square
> Felixstowe IP11 7DY

Phil Korbel
Director
0161 237 5454

Radio Regen is a community, media and urban regeneration charity
A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No.
3753832
Registered office: 12 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 1JF
Registered Charity No. 1077763
www.radioregen.org
www.communityradiotoolkit.net