[cma-l] European Audiovisual Observatory - IRIS database is free

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Wed May 12 10:31:36 BST 2010

Dear All,

Attached below information about the opening to the public of the
European Audiovisual Observatory that might be of interest.

Best Wishes,

Jaqui

>IRIS Legal Observations of the European
>Audiovisual Observatory, the Observatory's well-established legal media journal is now electronic and free
>
>http://www.obs.coe.int
>
>For 15 years now, IRIS has been a reference in
>terms of reporting on the latest legal
>developments concerning the audiovisual
>industries. Its concise, country-by-country
>articles cover over 50 European countries and
>deal with topics ranging from copyright,
>advertising, media concentration and content
>regulation, to name but a few. These short
>reporting articles deal with new laws adopted,
>court rulings and other important decisions in
>Europe with a bearing on the audiovisual industries.
>
>This new electronic form of the newsletter is
>sent monthly free of charge to your in-box and,
>unlike the paper version, offers an advanced
>search function and archive going back to 1995.
>A printable PDF is also available for download.
>
>The new electronic newsletter also provides you
>with information on other legal publications
>from the Strasbourg-based Observatory, part of
>the Council of Europe. In addition, you'll find
>book tips about the latest publications on media
>law as well as news on related conferences and seminars.
>
>Keep up to speed with the latest legal
>developments concerning film, television, home
>video and the new audiovisual media services. Why not subscribe for freenow?!
>
>For further information on the content of our
>IRIS products, please contact our legal department:
>susanne.nikoltchev at coe.int -
>francisco.cabrera at coe.int<mailto:francisco.cabrera at coe.int>
>
>----------
>The European Audiovisual Observatory
>
>Set up in December 1992, the European
>Audiovisual Observatory's mission is to gather
>and distribute information on the audiovisual
>industry in Europe. The Observatory is a
>European public service body comprised of 36
>member states and the European Community,
>represented by the European Commission. It
>operates within the legal framework of the
>Council of Europe and works alongside a number
>of partner and professional organisations from
>within the industry and with a network of
>correspondents. In addition to contributions to
>conferences, other major activities are the
>publication of a Yearbook, newsletters and
>reports, the compilation and management of
>databases and the provision of information
>through the Observatory's Internet site
>(<http://www.obs.coe.int/>http://www.obs.coe.int).

Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

See our 2010 photo blog:

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk/

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities