[cma-l] Silver Surfers' Day, 21 May

Cathy Aitchison cathy.aitchison at btinternet.com
Sun May 9 12:17:05 BST 2010

Are any of you doing special activities for Silver Surfers' Day - Friday
21st May?
see http://silversurfers.digitalunite.com/

There's an events map on the site
(http://silversurfers.digitalunite.com/events/ ).
So far I haven't spotted any community radio or other media organisations on
the map, but then I haven't looked at them all. If you're running special
activies or inviting a relevant guest, you could enter that as an event (a
good way of putting your organisation on the radar in this sector... :)

Thinking ahead to Refugee Week, it would be good to kill two birds with one
stone by collecting some of the following from your older contributors on
21st (in audio, video or written form):
~ songs from around the world, especially if they're from people's original
homelands (introduced, or sung by the contributor)
~ recipes, ditto
~ traditional or children's stories, ditto
~ greetings and 'welcome' in as many languages as you encounter
~ creative writing, especially on the themes of home, flight, migration,
survival and sanctuary
~ personal testimonies, especially involving asylum, refuge and sanctuary.
Then please send them to me for Refugee Week Radio, or add them yourself to
the Simple Acts website (http://www.simpleacts.org.uk )

Good luck, look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Cathy Aitchison
020 8684 2445
http://www.londonlinkradio.net