[cma-l] 'Get The Vote Out' Competition!

Phil Korbel phil.korbel at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:41:07 GMT 2010

*‘GET THE VOTE OUT’*

*competition*

It’s always been our firm belief that community radio should be an essential
part of the fabric of our democracy, whether local or national.  Our sector
can uniquely represent the views of our communities through innovative and
creative use of airtime and talent; - so politics and community radio *
should* be close to each other.  Of course there are numerous legal hurdles
to get round but with a bit of nous, and help from the Toolkit, any station
can step up to the mark.  Even if we feel nervous about covering party
politics at election time, we can still play our role in encouraging people
to vote so…

To mark next week’s re-launch of the Community Radio Toolkit we’re running a
competition to find the best piece of UK community radio that encourages
people to vote at the May 6th election.  A 30 second ad, a short drama, even
a song – if your piece is the best you could stand to win a rather
lovely Marantz
PMD620 Professional Handheld Recorder supplied by our friends at Studiocare
(http://www.studiocare.com )

We know we’ll get some outstanding radio and the best thing is that we’ll
make it available to all CRT registered users to *play out on their stations
* in the run up to May 6th.

*Rules:*

   - Your station or group has to have made the piece
   - The piece should be no more than 3 minutes long
   - It must focus on ‘getting the vote out’ – not a specific party
   political issue
   - You must post your piece as an MP3 file to the new CRT by 6a.m. Monday
   12th April
   - Entering the competition implies consent to have your piece broadcast
   by any other radio station.
   - No employee of Radio Regen or the CMA (or relative thereof) can compete
   - The decision of the judges will be final

The winner will be announced on Friday April 17th on the CRT.

The best entries will be made available for download via the CRT from April
17th and can be played out on your station.

--
Phil Korbel
Director

Radio Regen is a community, media and urban regeneration charity
A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No.
3753832
Registered office: 12 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 1JF
Registered Charity No. 1077763
www.radioregen.org
www.communityradiotoolkit.net