[cma-l] European Union Public Consultation on the Radio Spectrum Policy Programme

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Wed Mar 17 09:51:18 GMT 2010

Dear all

Please see below the message from Community Media Forum Europe -
particularly the part on Section B of the consultation document -

"Our main focus could be the (lack of) availability of adequate
frequencies for existing and new community radio and television
programs, also in the digital era. We could refer to documents from the
UNESCO, Council of Europe and European Parliament, where CM is
recognized as a separate media sector next to commercial and public
media, with an important role on social cohesion and cultural diversity.
Also we could stress that the importance of a developed CM-sector, with
adequate frequencies and access to new digital electronic networks, is
essential for a plural media landscape and as such also recognized by
the above mentioned international organizations."

If you have anything you would like the CMA to feed into the CMFE
response or our own, please do contact me, also consider responding
yourselves to the consultation, as Europe wide policy does affect the
actions of the UK government.  The consultation can be found at:

http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/ecomm/radio_spectrum/_document_storage/consultations/2010_rspp/rspp_consultation.pdf

Deadline for responses is April 9th.

Best wishes

Jaqui