[cma-l] AGM and Conference this weekend!

Phil Shepherd phil at somersetfilm.com
Tue Jun 29 16:47:32 BST 2010

Dear Members and Friends

It's not too late to sign up for the CMA AGM and Conference this Saturday
3rd July in Salford.

Book now at

www.conference.commedia.org.uk

It's a really important time for the sector (and the universe in general!)
at the moment and we need you to come and make your voices heard at this
annual event.  We know we've had to postpone it till late this year and
we're sorry about that but it has been unavoidable - it's a tough climate
for all of us including the CMA and some decisions get forced on us by
circumstance.

There are lots of really useful items on the agenda - more details below -
but most importantly we need you to be there to affirm our working together,
our solidarity for the future - to kick around ideas and make sure we take
the fullest advantage of our collective strength.

Personally I shall be strongly advocating  the immediate establishment of
regular regional meetings which with the support of our brilliant staff can
help us all move forward with a consistency .of purpose and clarity of
message

Our treasurer Richard Hilton, who is one of the Community Radio Fund Panel
members will give a short update on the CRF and take questions on how the
Panel works and - all importantly - how to prepare a good application to the
Fund.

Traffic Link will be there to discuss the traffic news agreement for
stations in England

Michael Fryer MA Radio (Production & Management) will talk about Promotion &
PR for Community organisations and take questions.  If you have promotional
pieces please bring them along.

Dylan from Voice FM in Wales will do a short presentation on how they
have managed their sustainability through building strong local partnerships

The CMA Arts Strategy and next steps (including how you can meet the
funders) will be presented by Tamar, our Arts Co-ordinator

We will discuss the opportunities for the sector in the delivery of
training in digital media skills

CTVC who operate a mobile video unit for schools will film the event

Networking time over lunch and after the event  ...  all this and much more!

Please be there .... or be somewhere else less exciting!!

*Please let us know if for some reason the online system does not work
for you,

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday

Phil

Chair of Council