[cma-l] Stream Monitoring Software

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Jun 16 16:51:36 BST 2010

Hi Nathan

The difficulty in trying to monitor server 'streaming availability'
is that at least three conditions could affect whether your stream is
heard by your listeners:

a) encoder-server link
b) server status
c) server-listener link

So, for example, your streaming server could still be up but if your
encoder status or link is affected then you'll have no listeners.

You say that your current provider provides a status page.  You could
use one of the following 'page watcher' services to email you when the
server status page changes:

http://www.watchthatpage.com/
http://www.changedetection.com/
http://www.changedetect.com/