[cma-l] Queen Honours Futures Project, Norwich

sandra Amey-martin sandra.martin at saintfm.org.uk
Mon Jun 14 14:35:36 BST 2010

Huge congratulation and well deserved.

Sandra Amey-Martin

Station Manager

Saint FM 94.7

Maldon District's

Very Own Radio

www.saintfm.org.uk

news at saintfm.org.uk

sandra.martin at saintfm.org.uk

01621 787829

07988 986975

-----Original Message-----
From: cma-l-bounces at mailman.commedia.org.uk
[mailto:cma-l-bounces at mailman.commedia.org.uk] On Behalf Of CMA-L
Sent: 14 June 2010 12:07
To: cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Subject: [cma-l] Queen Honours Futures Project, Norwich

Dawn Jackson, who set up the Futures Project, formerly called the NR5
Project, in Norwich in April 2000, has been made an MBE for services
to young people in Norwich.

The organisation, which includes Norwich community radio station
Future Radio, originally provided two volunteer youth workers on the
streets of Earlham after reports of anti-social behaviour hit the
headlines.

The charity now employs 47 people and has 5,000 registered users. It
has also helped children receive life-changing full-time education.

Mum-of-three Mrs Jackson, 46, said she was "completely stunned".

She said: "I'm really thrilled to bits and delighted. I couldn't have
done it without Sonia who I started the project with. "I'm blessed to
be surrounded by the people who work around me and who really
genuinely care. They all deserve to be recognised as well."

Shortlink: http://is.gd/cOHDh

\\

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk
Facebook Fans: http://bit.ly/cog8n5