[cma-l] watching and observing with interest

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 18:49:46 BST 2010

Dear All

I'll chuck another three-penneth in if I may ??       FACT <>      I am
actually one of the people who gets paid at Canalside. Considering I worked
for 4 years for NO pay ------ 40 hours a week setting the thing up with a
few others I was the one who ''got the nod'' when it came to full-time
positions. We actually have 5 paid staff at Canalside ..... the part-timers
work full-time for part-time money and the full-timer MOI''   works
full-time plus overtime plus matchsticks holding my eyelids open plus VAT
for peanuts ...... it actually works out at about £3:50 per-hour ..........
I ain't complaining and I wouldn't change it for the world .........
however, the volunteers who turn up once a week and do a two hour show (and
sometimes don't do that very well even after loads and loads of training)
(and then want to start shouting the odds !)    need to ---like one or two
others    WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE !     as without the paid people who
go way up and beyond the call of duty .... the whole thing would basically
go t..................i......ts - up !
That's not saying that some volunteers don't go up and beyond the call of
duty as many at our end do.

Committees, opinions, votes etc are all well and good ..... however, we
believe they need to be earned !

In our opinion though, before people take any kind of salary they need to
have proven their commitment in a voluntary capacity, and still be prepared
to VOLUNTEER hours on top of their remuneration.

I hope this explains the overall situation ?        I personally believe
that I am actually agreeing (technically) with both sides of the argument.

If you catch my drift ?

Regards

Nick