[cma-l] VOD charges - who might be liable?? You...

Marilyn Hyndman marilyn at northernvisions.org
Tue Jul 6 15:48:21 BST 2010

This is interesting, however, I discussed not for profit and
charitable status with ATVOD, and they still maintained that it was
inclusive of them.
The issue is that their brief is very comprehensive and could extend
eventually to many within the community media sector who are regulated.
Best wishes,
Marilyn

On 6 Jul 2010, at 15:17, Mark Dodd wrote:

> It is worth reading section 3.2a) of the Application and scope of
> the regulatory framework to VOD services. This covers services which
> are out of scope.
>
> “Services that are primarily non economic, and therefore not in
> competition with television broadcasting.
>

> Regards
> Mark Dodd
>
> Digital Media Director
>
> E: markd at mediatrust.org
> T: 020 7217 3675
> M: 07768 511 705
>

> Media Trust
> 2nd floor Riverwalk House
> 157-161 Millbank
> London, SW1P 4RR
>

> From: jaqui devereux <jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk>
> Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 14:20:29 +0100
> To: cma-l <cma-l at commedia.org.uk>
> Subject: [cma-l] VOD charges - who might be liable?? You...
>
> Dear all
>
> Following queries from some of you, please follow the links below
> for more information on the proposed scope of the VOD charges and
> the kinds of video that might be classed as falling within the
> charging regime.  It is not completely clear but we urge you in any
> case to contact Ofcom urgently and before 15th July to ensure they
> are fully aware of the need to have a significantly reduced fee for
> smaller providers.
>

> http://thenextweb.com/uk/2010/06/17/ofcom-publishes-charges-for-video-on-demand-players/
>
> http://atvod.co.uk/downloads/who_should_notify.pdf
>

> Best wishes
>
> Jaqui
>
> Director, CMA

Marilyn Hyndman
Northern Visions/NvTv
23 Donegall Street
Belfast
BT1 2FF

Tel: 028 9024 5495 ext 207
Fax: 028 9032 6608

NvTv
Belfast Community Television
Free-to-Air on Channel 62/Freq:799.276MHz
Live on line: www.nvtv.co.uk

www.northernvisions.org