[cma-l] Community Radio Order - Commons debate 12/01/10

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jan 7 13:23:32 GMT 2010

Dear all

It is entirely possible that there will be a live stream, need to check
with HoC people.  It will definitely be in Hansard.  We will send out a
briefing for people asap, so even if your MP is not on the Committee,
you can bend his/her ear on the subject..

Best wishes

Jaqui

Karl Hartland wrote:
> Is there a live stream of this debate at all? Archived after? Minutes?
> Or are these kinds of meetings in camera?
>
> Are we that civilised yet? ;)

> Steve Buckley wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> Is your local MP on this committee? Lobby them now to support an
>> increased Community Radio Fund and to remove the unfair restrictions
>> preventing advertising in community radio licence areas overlapping
>> small commercial radio.
>>
>> And if your MP is not in this committee? Why not lobby them anyway and
>> ask them to talk to one of their friends who is. Lets get this sorted
>> out in 2010!
>>
>> Best wishes
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> Tuesday 12 January
>> 4.30pmSeventh Delegated Legislation Committee
>> Subject: Draft Community Radio (Amendment) Order 2010
>> Location: Committee Room 11, Palace of Westminster
>>
>> Seventh Delegated Legislation Committee
>> (Draft Community Radio (Amendment) Order 2010)
>>
>>      (1) Chairman: Mr Gary Streeter
>>
>>      (2) Members: Mr Bob Blizzard, Mr Ronnie Campbell, Rosie Cooper,
>> Jim Cousins, Nadine Dorries, Michael Fabricant, Paul Farrelly, Mr Don
>> Foster, Mr Philip Hollobone, Albert Owen, Mr Adrian Sanders, Mr Siôn
>> Simon, Mr Marsha Singh, Sir John Stanley, Mr Edward Vaizey and Mr
>> David Winnick.

>> 270.14.128/2604 - Release Date: 01/06/10 19:35:00

Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities