[cma-l] Happy New Year to all members and supporters

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jan 1 11:55:50 GMT 2010

Dear colleagues

A Happy New Year - and a Happy New Decade - to you all!

We're looking forward to making the coming year  - and next decade -
really count for community media and with that in mind we've started a
simple project to raise profile, promote sector communications, and
have a little fun.

The technical elves at the Community Media Association have decided to
undertake a photo project in 2010 but we need your help.  We would
like you to send us photos of your community project and we we will
publish them on the internet for "Community Media 365".  Every day in
2010 we hope - no, intend! - to post a new photo relating to community
media.  The idea is that over the course of 2010 together we will
build a rich visual picture of our sector.

All photos are welcome - whether it's a picture of the stapler on your
desk or a visit to your project by a campaigning politician; a photo
of your staff team or the view from your window.  Obviously the more
photos we can get from you the better chance we have of this project
succeeding.  The CMA staff will also post the odd picture up so you'll
get a chance to see some of us at work.

Please send your photos to:

photo365 at commedia.org.uk

We can handle all digital photo file formats but sending jpegs will
mean less work for us to convert them.  We can also scale down
pictures so hi-res photos are fine.  When sending photos from a mobile
phone try to set the highest resolution possible.  Please ensure that
all photos are suitable for publishing on the web in terms of rights
clearance and privacy.

We will continue to make calls throughout the year for photos so just
keep them coming.  We hope to feature as wide a spread of your
projects as possible but the more good quality photos that you send us
the better the chances are of your organisation featuring several
times.

The first person to respond to our initial call was Ram Kalyan "Kelly"
at Unity 101 and his project is featured here on "Community Media
365":

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk/

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk/2010/01/01/unity-101-community-radio/

The site is a little sparse and minimalist now - particularly as it is
Day One - but the elves will be making more tweaks to the platform
along the way.  Watch this space....

Let's hope this works!