[cma-l] Entries are now being accepted for the 2010 One World Media Awards.

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Tue Feb 9 14:40:06 GMT 2010

Entries are now being accepted for the 2010 One World Media Awards.

The closing date for entries is Friday 12th March. This year the
ceremony will take place on Tuesday 22nd June 2010 at Kings Place, York
Way, London.

The One World Media Awards recognise the best media coverage of the
developing world. It highlights the unique role of journalists,
filmmakers and broadcasters in bridging the divide between different
societies, and communicating the breadth of social, political and
cultural experiences around the globe. The thirteen categories cover all
types of media, from television and radio to print and new media, while
the ceremony is attended each year by key figures from the media
industry, government, and international charities. Now in its 22nd year,
the prestigious Awards have been described as “the awards the media
really want to win”.

Each year the Awards attract an extensive range of outstanding entries
and we expect this year to be no exception. We particularly welcome
contributions from small or lesser known independent media companies,
from individuals, and from those who may not have entered previously.

More detailed information can be found on our website at
http://oneworldmedia.org.uk/awards

(There is an entry fee. Reduced entry fees may be considered for smaller
community initiatives, see award catagories and entry form for details)

Source:Arts Jobs and News - Arts Council England
--
Tamar Millen
Arts Co-ordinator

Community Media Association