[cma-l] demise or opportunity

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 18:36:20 GMT 2010

Bob

There's a bit of sense in what you wrote, but unfortunately the rest to me is just ineffective hot air.
I suggest that if you formulated it positively and sent it to the right people it might achieve something.

However, I'd like to correct you on one point:

There are many frequencies and opportunities for increased powers but Ofcom policies are dictated to by engineers, not by commercial sense or social needs. It is the same old same old.

Ofcom policies are dictated by Poiticians and administered by Engineers under the very concise regulations put in place by the ITU which are effectively ignored by most other broadasting regulators.
It's these regulations which need to be brought up to date - and it's the Politicians who need to be told what should happen by us - the people who have put them in place to fulfil our wishes.

I'm about to do my bit on behalf of the 68 CR stations and projects where we have some form of input.

My question is:
What are the rest of us doing?
Apart from having a jolly good old moan that is?