[cma-l] Celtic Connections - programming available to community broadcasters (fwd)

Bruce Rodger bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Sat Dec 18 12:27:34 GMT 2010

Hi,

Celtic Music Radio intend to transmit a full programme of live
broadcasts from Celtic Connections 2011. For the duration of the
festival (13-30 January) we'll be setting up our studio in the
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. We'll be "Live" from the concert hall from
11-7 each day, and out and about at other festival venues in the evenings.

We are happy to make this programming available to any community broadcasters.

Celtic Connections is Europe's premiere winter music festival, and
attracts some of the biggest names in folk, roots and traditional
music to Glasgow.

Celtic Connections celebrates its 18th birthday in 2011, with over
1,500 artists performing in approximately 300 events taking place
over 18 days across 14 venues in Glasgow.

Our broadcast programme is still to be confirmed, but the likely pattern is

(weekdays)

11.00 - transfer from main studio across to Concert Hall, where
Mark Sheridan opens the day's broadcast, with guests, previews and
reviews live from the Exhibition Hall.

12.30 Iain Anderson In Conversation.
Each day, in front of a live audience, Iain Anderson, (of Radio
Scotland fame) in conversation with two guests from the world of
music, business, politics, arts, education. And some live music as
well! Full programme on http://www.celticconnections.com/whatson - put
"anderson" into
the search box.

13.30 - The Afternoon Session - with guests, interviews and performances
from all involved at the festival

15.00 - "Hotchpotch" with Gordon Hotchkiss - live from the Exhibition
Hall with guests, chat and at 4.00pm Danny Stage preview with Liz
Clark.

17.00 - The Danny Kyle Open Stage. Each night for 2 weeks, 5 new and upcoming
performers take the stage to compete for the "Danny" awards, fame, fortune, and
a main-stage gig next year

19.00 - Return to main studio

20.00-late - live or prerecorded gigs from the many festival venues.

Weekend programming will follow a different pattern, but will include the
Open Stage and some live concerts.

If anyone is interested in taking any of these programmes for
rebroadcast, I can provide a high-quality stream.

Bruce.

--

Bruce Rodger
Celtic Music Radio
bruce at celticmusicradio.net

Celtic Music Radio is a Scottish Charity, registration number SC041172