[cma-l] FW: CMA Council - CR Fund priority

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 17:18:42 BST 2010

Dear All

The chitter chatter, nitter natter rumbles on with regards to the Community
Radio Fund. I put observations on the board to this and with reference to
other things, I notice that sometimes it instigates a little bit of response

.. however, one thing is always very noticeable

.. no one ever
answers the queries or the observations made ???

I don’t ask everyone to agree, in fact, there could be the possibility that
no one agrees

. But at least --------------- as John Mcenroe shouted
on Court One      ‘’ answer the question *********** ‘’

Canalside’s situation is quite simple

. I couldn’t give a monkey’s cuss
how great or how small the Fund is, unless it is DOLED OUT fairly and
equally !      We are as a brotherhood putting the cart before the horse,
with someone suggesting a few weeks ago that this thing should be judged on
how good the application is ??      there is bound to be huge differences
between all the stations with reference to ability ‘to tick boxes’
do people not think that most Community Radio persons are sick to the back
teeth of grant panels, committees, form filling, time wasting

 instead
of getting on with what we are supposed to be doing.

What is the point of the Community Radio Fund being put up to 20 million !
(‘’hey let’s push the boat out’’)        if Pure, All, Wythenshawe,
CheshireFM, Moorlands etc get a slice of it and Canalside doesn’t ??!
( I picked these stations at random guys as they are near to us)
the whole thing is pointless.

Phil talks about things being difficult to administer

 we make them
bloody difficult to administer !                       as I have said, one
clerk, one calculator, £20 million divided by 217 Stations =  about 90 odd
grand me thinks? (dunno’)        it’s a damn good job I ain’t the clerk,
maths was never a strong subject, nor to was English come to think of it
..
as the Meerkat says ‘’simples eeeek’’                             it really
isn’t difficult, as the way in which we are approaching this at present is
dangerous and it could cause rifts

 let’s hope not. We need to be
together fending off the Beeb and the Commercial boys, not squabbling

 some may say, we’re not squabbling, the ones who are getting the
money certainly ain’t squabbling
 after all, they don’t need to ? do they ?

To round this up, the fund in it’s present form is a waste of time as far as
Canalside is concerned.

1)       It isn’t enough

2)       It isn’t distributed fairly

Add the two up and this equates to = shambles

Regards

Nick

  _____