[cma-l] It's 2% not 1%

mark polden markianpolden at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 18:15:44 BST 2010

Yes so 1% for each

From: joanne at bcfm.org.uk
To: michael_fryer at hotmail.com; local.tv at virgin.net; cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:09:02 +0100
Subject: Re: [cma-l] It's 2% not 1%

Hello Michael

Indeed, £35 million would be a fantastic amount to get. We will be banging on the door if it does come off.

I'm sure everyone is aware that the Community Radio sector and the Community Media sector are not the only ones talking about this 1% top slicing. The Arts, Channel 4, smaller commercial stations and local news providers are all trying to make a similar claim on this 'mythical' money.

So, IF it was agreed that 1% was to be made available (and I personally doubt this very much) then we would be in a long list of potential beneficiaries and would certainly not be looking at £35 million!

I believe the statement put out by the CMA explains the stand we should take and now is the time to source other sustainable funding as a sector. Any ideas about how we can stand united and achieve this?

Phil

Phil Gibbons - Station Manager
phil at bcfm.org.uk

Bristol's Community radio station - Your voice - Your choice!
93.2fm in Bristol
Online at: www.bcfm.org.uk

0560 1126659 - Office
0117 9553721 - Studio

www.bcfm.org.uk

The Beacon Centre
City Academy Bristol
Russell Town Avenue
Bristol
BS5 9JH

Bristol Community Fm LTD No. 05377534. Registered Charity No: 1123827
Registered Address: The Beacon Centre, City Academy Bristol, Russell Town Avenue, Bristol, BS5 9JH.  This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The contents of this message will not be in any way binding upon BCfm Ltd.    If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.   The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.