[cma-l] Young UK Ambassadors Required To Represent The UK at The G8 & G20

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Apr 22 14:24:28 BST 2010

The British Youth Council and the UK Young Ambassadors project are
looking for 7 young people to represent the UK at ‘My Summit 2010’,
the official international youth summit to be held alongside the G8
and G20 Youth Summits in Canada this June from 23rd – 28th June.

The G8 section of the My Summit 2010 will be held in Muskoka, Ontario
from June 23 – 25. Youth delegates will discuss, debate and negotiate
the same themes as the G8 (nuclear proliferation; maternal and child
health; climate change and food security), culminating in the
presentation of a Communique to the Leaders at the G8 Summit. The G20
section of My Summit 2010 will be held in Toronto from June 26 – 27.
Youth delegates from all G20 countries will observe the G20 in process
and have the opportunity to engage in discussions, particularly on
economic themes.

The Prime Minister of Canada has invited his G8 and G20 counterparts
to send youth delegations to My Summit 2010 and the UK government has
asked us to help select this country’s delegation. It is a fantastic
opportunity to collaborate with young people from across the World,
represent the UK and ensure that a youth perspective is included in
debates at the highest level on some of the most pressing issues
facing our global societies today.

However, the call has come very late - there is only a week left to
process applications.

Delegates must be between the ages of 18 and 24 and be available for
the full duration of the G8 and G20 Summits and be available for
briefings in June. They must also:

- Be actively involved in their community and/or their university
- Have a strong interest in global issues
- Demonstrate a high level of presentation and communication skills
- Be open-minded and willing to learn
- Be willing to commit to involvement beyond the Summit

If you are interested in becoming part of the UK delegation to My
Summit 2010 you must send a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a cover
letter of up to 500 words, answering the following questions:

-  What is your personal motivation to participate in My Summit 2010
-  What knowledge and experience do you have of global issues. (If
applicable, please include any specific  expertise on the summit
themes)
-  What research and consultation would you do in advance in order to
prepare for the summit?
-  How would you follow up on the work of the summit to ensure that it
had made a difference?

Please send completed applications to international at byc.org.uk by
midday Thursday 29th April. Any late applications will not be
accepted. If you have not heard from them by 14th May then your
application has been unsuccessful. Good luck!

For more information please go to:

http://www.byc.org.uk/International
http://www.globalvision.ca/programs/my-summit-2010

\\\